Public Relations Assistant: Summer Internship 2021
EGLahr PR & Media
Established communications consulting business in Great Barrington, Mass., seeks part-time public relations assistant beginning May 15-Aug. 15, 10-15 hours per week. Some hours are required on-site in a socially distanced, open office setting. Documented experience and in event-related publicity is a must, as is fluency in social media suite platform management. You will have excellent exposure to learn a wide range of public relations and communications work in this communications services business.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills (samples of published work required)
- Familiarity with WordPress, or willingness to learn the basics
Media relations support skills
- General office assistance skills
- Reliability and flexibility
- Excellent accuracy to detail and follow-through
- Tolerance for some tedious publicity-related tasks
- Ability to adapt to some typically unpredictable pivots in work focus.
- Excellent telephone manner
Great to have:
- Photography/videography skills
- Interest in classical music and/or social justice causes is a great plus.
- A stipend is available for this position, to be determined based on agreed upon hours and experience.
- Satisfactory completion of a writing/editing exercise is required for this position.
- The ideal candidate resides within 30 minutes of Great Barrington, Mass.
- Upcoming junior or senior; will consider well qualified upcoming sophomore
- Classes/training in communications, journalism, PR, social media
References: Will be required of promising candidates.
Please send resume, letter of interest and work samples or links to: [email protected]
No calls or texts please.